Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Rural Route Vegan style

I thought I'd better call your attention to the Rural Route radio program that I did last week. There was a vegan named Jeff Popick on last Tuesday and then I was on Wednesday to discuss what they discussed on Tuesday. It was an interesting topic to say the least...all about the belief of vegans...vegetarians that don't eat meat or products from animals...ie eggs and milk...because they don't think animals should suffer.

This misinformed man was passionate about his beliefs and showed me that we can be passionate and wrong all at the same time! After listening to it, I decided to write a column on it and so that will come out in today's Farmers' Advance. I really just wanted people to see that this vegan thing is extreme and they would like to shut down animal agriculture. Those of us in agriculture need to make sure we are good ambassadors for our industry. We need to be positive and excited about agriculture. We also need to be well informed so we can stand up for our industry and not afraid to argue for our livelihood!

If you want to listen to Mr. Popick and his wild ideas you can go to www.facesofag.com and click on the Rural Route Vegan Style to listen. Prepare to be enlightened!

No comments: