Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Writing Day

Good Morning from the Knolltop! The coffee is perked and really good this morning. I have to say I'm drinking a luxury coffee this morning. The other day when we were in Adrian I stopped at Tim Hortons Donuts. They are a chain and it's the only one around here. I first experienced Tim Hortons when Big Daddy and I were in Canada selecting cows for our first herd. We stopped there and it was the best cup of coffee with wonderful donuts. It's a great memory for me. So everytime we go to Adrian I stop and get donuts and a coffee. Well, the last time I was there they had Tim Horton ground coffee for sale in cans. I bought a small can and I have it once a day...I feel like I'm really livin it up when I drink that coffee!

Yesterday Big Daddy and I traveled to Ohio for the Holstein show and it was so much fun. It was at the Henry County Fair in Napoleon. We got there in plenty of time because he's such a fanatic about being on time...and we had a cup of coffee and ended up visiting with a man who had raised 24 kids! His wife delivered ten of them and they adopted the other 14! Wow! They range in age from 3 on up to 55.

Big Daddy did a great job of evaluating the cattle and it seemed everyone was happy. We left and stopped for dinner on the way home and got here just in time to collect all of our children so they could come home and do chores with us.

I've still got peaches sitting..actually dripping..on my table so really I need to get to them so I can get back to writing. I've got a column and a story to do today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The elusive perculator finally turned up in my mom's basement-cleaned it up and loaded it with Maxwell House and perked up some great coffee-hot and strong in a real cup and saucer with a slice of zuchinni lemon poppy seed bread..wonderful!could have gone for a third cup but a chisel plow and 40 acres awaited...oh will trade zuchinni for peaches....

Melissa Hart said...

I've still go zuchinni in my crisper waiting to be eaten! But you can have some peaches for free!

That coffee sounds wonderful...got that field plowed up yet?