Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Trent's quick reply

Trent replied to my letter and here it is:

Your poll is widely skewed for a very important reason...the people, AGAIN I did not say WOMEN. The people in agriculture who cause division do not have email let alone use blogs... your results are completely bias...If you are half as gutsy as you think you are, put it in print in ag publication and welcome the hate mail....

Your friend in Agriculture
Trent


Them sound like fightin' words...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You stated earlier that you posted your question somewhere other than your blog. I do not know where, so I cannot comment on the worthiness of the posting. It does makes sense that those visiting your blog are likely to agree with you.
However, Trent is wrong. The people who cause division DO have email and DO use blogs. YES, even those in agriculture. Try searching for rBst, biosolids, or roundup herbicide and you will see what I mean. The web is ripe for controversial issues. I am shocked at the amount of time and resources spent on blogs and chat areas - and those resources are multiplied over controversial topics.
Trent may have a point. Post your inquiry on some appropriate dairy website and give it a full week. Make your question clear. For example: When we gather, do we tend to debate best management practices for dairies?
I would guess that Trent has seen too many cat fights about rBST to sway his opinion, regardless of survey outcome. Let's face it, how many guys are going to take notice of a group of laughing women swapping stories about the absurdities of life? Now, how many will notice the raised voices and pointed fingers of a cat fight? If they happen to notice both, which one are they likely to remember longer?