Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Finally it's clear!

It's a clear morning here on the Knolltop and very chilly...this calls for perked coffee this morning.

We had a calf born yesterday and she was huge...actually she was born in the middle of the night and she must have had a hard time because her face was swollen. Every time I feed her she's always laying down so I also wondered if she could even stand up. So this morning I stood her up and she fell right over. But as I had her standing up, I noticed she is remarkable bigger than the other newborns we've had. So it's no wonder she's having a hard time getting her long legs underneath her big body. If it were only September 1st. Then we'd have a huge fall heifer calf to show next year, but since she was born in August, she will be a summer yearling...oh well.

I'm ahead of the game, so I'd better stay that way and go get ready for church.

No comments: