Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, August 10, 2007

Testosterone and the Phonebook

Good Morning from the Knolltop! It rained another 1.5 inches yesterday and I heard on the radio this morning we've had 5 inches so far!

Last night I got such a chuckle out of my two teenage boys. On the back page of the local paper there was a kids section that explained how you can rip a phone book in half. It showed all the mechanics of how to do it explaining that you can do it without using brute strength...just simple physics.

Of course I showed it to my boys who I knew would immediately go for an old phonebook and begin a ripping rampage. And they did. Luke worked and and worked and worked at it...we read the instructions...then tried to rip...I read...he tried to rip....we just couldn't get it done. Then we went out and saw JW trying to rip it too. He had the same luck as Luke and then he came in and flexed his muscles showing us the phonebook ripped to shreds

We were amazed...and then asked how'd you do it...a big grin came across his face and then he began to tell us...he said, "Well, first you bend it like this and then you go out of mom's view and just start ripping the pages one by one...." Laughter erupted as the three of us just bent over and giggled and giggled!

I'm telling you...these teenagers can be scary one minute and absolutely hilarious the next....Praise Jesus for the laughter!

The coffee is done, I've got a story to write and then I'm going to spend the rest of the day getting the yard back in shape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunday we got .1 ,Tuesday we got .5
last night we got .2 of an inch
Francis and Pat