Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tractor Ride

It's another cool morning here on the Knolltop. And it's supposed to be this way all week. It's a good thing since I have two bushel of peaches coming today that I'll have to freeze, can and make jam out of.

Sunday night Big Daddy, Sarah and I went down to Knolltop Morgans to do their chores while they are away on vacation. Luke, JW and Jake were all gone, so we snuck down to the tractor barn and we had our pick of tractors to ride on! We picked Luke's Farmall and swore each other to secrecy because no on is allowed to drive his tractor...no one!

I called driver so I hopped on and Big Daddy and Sarah got on the back. We rode down and fed all their critters and then because someone didn't like the way I drove, they called driver and Sarah and I hopped on the back. As we rode down the road on this beautiful summer evening with the sun dropping over the corn fields I looked over to Sarah and asked, "Is there anything better than riding on a tractor on a warm summer evening in the country?" She nodded her head and said, "Yes....riding a horse!"

Confession: We had to confess to Luke that we rode on his tractor after Sarah slipped up and said something about it yesterday! But I still have all my limbs!

No comments: